- Define who is the application owner and who is involved in maintaining it
- Define who are the users of the app and whether they are already licensed depending on the solution functionality
- Document the environments that the solution is developed on (Dev), tested on (Test/QA) and where eventually the solution will live (production)?
- Are there any workflows in the solution? If yes, make sure to document them
- What connectors will the solution be using? Make sure to document any OOTB connectors, if there are any custom connectors, provide fusion developer notes and code repo in your documentation
- Does the solution require an on-premise gateway?
- What are the data sources that the solution connects to, are there Dataverse tables (entities)?
- Does the solution depend on other existing applications or external business services?
- Are there any security roles or different types of users and responsibilities?
- Is there any data existing data that needs to be migrated over the new production environment?
- Who will be testing the application?
- How will users report on issues and enchantments (UAT)?
- How often do you plan on changes/updates to the solution?
Updates to an existing solution
- Are there any new connectors that are needed? If so, please make sure the new connectors are allowed in the environment’s DLP
- Are there any new Canvas, Power Automate workflows or Dataverse Power Platform components added in this update?
- Any changes to how users are assigned the security roles?
- Any changes in the required licenses?
- Are there any changes to the data and content that might have an impact on the solution (increase of record volume)?
- Consider Change Management – Uncontrolled changes could potentially result in significant system disruption and/or date loss. The platform would be managed under existing change management policies that apply to regular and emergency changes. Regardless of existing arrangement, all changes to the system must be:
- Classified as either regular or emergency
- Approved prior to commencing change or development
- Documented before, during and after implementation
The following guidelines would help manage changes in the platform and changes to forms. It would include user feedback, communicating with users and getting users trained to get the most from the platform.